John is a principal with Criswell & Wyatt, L.L.C., a firm specializing in working with closely held business owners and individuals with their retirement and insurance planning needs.
John has spent over 30 years in the financial services industry, helping clients identify and prioritize the issues to be dealt with, review and understand the available solutions, and implement and monitor a plan of action.
Whether dealing with a successful closely held business or an individual nearing retirement, the key ingredient in the work John has done has always been tailoring a solution to each clients individual needs.
Originally from Wathena KS, after graduating from Culver Stockton College in 1988, John moved to the Kansas City area to begin his career in the financial services business. John's leisure time is spent fishing and boating at Lake of the Ozarks and following his favorite sports teams.
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA) 2015
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (QPFC) 2008 (Merged into CPFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) 1999
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation 1994
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation 1993
- Culver-Stockton College 1988
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries
- National Association of Plan Advisors
- Society of Financial Services Professionals
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Financial Services Institute
- Financial Planning Association
- Eastern Kansas Estate Planning Council (past president)
- Kansas City Estate Planning Society